Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Full Frontal Jeffrie. Party Hard and Remember to Take Pics.

So I know I'm not going to get a decent night of sleep because my damn brain won't shut up and part of what it saying is that things that may be longer than a paragraph or two I should probably put in my blog because I should maybe start being more narcissistic and egotistical then I already am.

Strange I know, but it's something I'm starting to notice in people. Those who say you should try to be more humble and not be so greedy for attention are generally people who don't do anything worth paying attention to anyway. Just like how everyone you meet that will tell you how evil money is generally are broke assholes who wouldn't spare a dime to save your sorry ass when it really comes down to it.

So while helping others does give me a certain sense of satisfaction I have concluded that I need to start marketing myself as a personality. I'm getting nowhere with things like my band, mostly because I want to share all the glory even though I pay all the bills... To hell with that anymore, I need to sell Jeffrie A. Moir first and then the band as the band that Jeffrie A. Moir sings in rather than trying to market the band as an entity unto itself if that makes any sense. 

With this I also need to learn to embrace my failures and own them. I had a few minor setbacks recently, and maybe felt a little thrown under the bus. I tend to let things slide that I probably shouldn't. So let it be known that I am a powerful ally but an even more powerful enemy. So I need to start holding others more to be accountable for thier short comings just as I am doing better to own my own mistakes.

Mistakes can be a good thing though. Do I really want to be like every other 2 bit promoter out there who is able to scratch out a living booking bullshit like Vampire Weekend or would it be a better story if I become the guy that got banned from every venue in the city because I kept booking all the seriously weird stuff that no one wants to see? 

There have been some ups and downs, but things are going to change dramatically in the near future. Not that I plan on going Kanye West on everyone, but I need to not be afraid to be the god damn rock star that I am and I gotta let people know where they stand with me, particularly if I am doing them more favors in working with them then they are doing for me. I have to go about it all the right way though. I need to be the lead brick wrapped in a velvet glove. 

I'm going to be trying some insane things here in the near future, I know others will not be joining me till I give them a damn good reason to, so I expect this trek to be very lonely for a while and I expect to have even more humiliating failures. Crippling, humiliating failure must be embraced if I am to do something revolutionary, and the few crazy bastards who decide they are along for the ride will get the pleasure of one day being able to say they where there first before the next big thing becomes the next big thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment